Who should apply? Minorities and women Practicing Affiliates and Candidates for Designation who are active in real property valuation and need financial assistance to complete Appraisal Institute courses leading to state certification or the MAI, SRA, AI-GRS or AI-RRS designations.
Scholarship is awarded on a quarterly basis
Apply by January 1, April 1, July 1 and October 1
Eligibility and Requirements
- Applicant must be an Appraisal Institute Practicing Affiliate in good standing working toward state certification, or an Appraisal Institute Candidate for Designation in good standing working toward the MAI, SRA, AI-GRS or AI-RRS designations.
- Scholarships may be applied only to Appraisal Institute courses.
- Applicant must complete the online application and attach the following materials
- Written Essay; applicant must submit a written essay stating why the applicant should be awarded the scholarship highlighting professional goals, experience, volunteerism and financial need. Applicant should include volunteer support of and/or participation in the AI, including chapter, region, and/or national service, or other volunteer engagement in the essay and/or resume.
- Resume; must submit a resume or statement of qualifications, making note of any appraisal or related experience.
- AI Transcript; Applicant must submit a list of completed Appraisal Institute courses to date. A copy of your transcript may be downloaded from your AI account (“Education and Events”).
- Scholarship money is for the course fee only. Course fees are paid with a credit redeemable during online registration.
- Scholarship recipients have one (1) year to claim award. Course credit expires 365 days after recipient is notified.
- Recipients must comply with course cancellation policies, including the payment of fees in the event of cancellation or transfer. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of scholarship. Confirmed students should not assume that cancellation has been granted until a written confirmation has been received. Failure to notify AI Education may result in forfeit of scholarship.
- The applications are rolling and will be reviewed on a quarterly basis with the review dates around January 1, April 1, July 1 and October 1, or until the fund is exhausted for the year.
- Eligible recipients may receive only one (1) AIERF Scholarship per calendar year.